Friday, September 24, 2010

Week 4 Excel

 The Spreadsheet created in class today was a manageable project. As an English teacher I am sure I would utilize the software for record keeping, averages, etc. The ease of the calculations makes it appealing. Any last minute changes for grade deadlines can be made quickly. Also, the convenience of corrections without having to re-write items in a manual gradebook.

  The three primary functions of Spreadsheets are to input numerical information which is stored in cells, to support calculator functions, and to present information in a variety of graphs, charts, as well as graphics. I believe the advantage of a spreadsheet over a calculator is that it allows you to create, but also share information with others, either through the Internet, or simply printing a handout for a classroom.
These functions do allow for exceptional organization. I have not worked in Excel often, but I am sure over time I will establish a comfort level.

Jonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R. M., & Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful Learning with Technology (3rd ed., pp. 88-90). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall

1 comment: